Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My First Professional Film...done!


I arrived home last night from my trip to Bournemouth to shoot my first professional short film. Bournemouth is two hours south of London and right on the coastline. I stayed in a little hotel called the Oceanview Hotel, which is exactly what it was.... my single suite room overlooked the ocean!! Ah!! Water!!! It was so fantastic to see the ocean again, the only water I've seen since coming to London has come from the sky!
The film shoot was an invaluable experience. We shot over two days and so the schedule was quite tight, with limited time for rehearsal; so we had to be on the ball and in to character very quickly. With only three actors, including me, there were about 15 crew on various jobs from cinematography to continuity. I think the most challenging time was shooting a scene when my character Karen, was sobbing in a toilet cubicle, which required a toilet, me, and about 8 of the crew in the female toilets with me, doing their various jobs.
The crew will now edit the film over the next few days and I should have a copy by the end of next week!
It was an amazing experience, I met some inspiring people and can't wait to do the next film!

By the way... the film is called "Office".

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Yeaaah, I'm married to a movie star..