Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What Are the Chances??

I'm working in Dublin on and off at the moment so am catching cabs to and from the hospital I spend most of my time at. I walked out of the main entrance last night around 6.30pm and jumped into the cab at the front of the rank. Turned out the cabby was only around because he had to use the loo in Emergency - apparently he does normally wait at that rank. He was a nice guy and I made it back to the hotel in fair time.
Came out tonight about 7.30 or so and jumped in the cab at the front of the rank and - would you guess - it was the same chap. It was great. For once I was able to talk about 'second conversation' things in a cab. Fantastic... It was actually a real blessing as it was like I 'knew' someone in Dublin - other than the Turkish guy who gave me a traditional Turkish shave - complete with Straight-edge - the other day (you can't help but feel a bond with a guy who let's you live after holding a big long blade to your neck).

Happy Days :)

No comments: