Friday, December 01, 2006

Back Teaching

I had my first day teaching in Manchester today. I have signed up with a different teaching agency on Tuesday and taught at a school in Salford (just west of the city) today (Friday). I was warned by the consultant that it was a 'horrible school', so why did she offer me to go there? I guess they try you out on tough schools when you're new.

Thanks to lots of prayer, not just for my protection, but that the students would be blessed, it wasn't too bad at all. I taught girls PE all day. Though, I have to say, the students can't solely be blamed; the school building was the most derelict, dark, dingy school I have ever been to. I even sat on a chair in the staff room and it broke right under me. So I tried another one, and it broke as well!

I'll have to stop eating celery as well now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo, so glad you were able to get a day's teaching at least and the school was ok. Praise God for protecting you. I'm sure the students would have loved having you for the day!

Love, mum x.

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to you, Jo. You are always in there giving it your best shot! Well done! It must be horrible for those students to front up to a dark and dingy school every day. You would have been such a blessing to them!
Even so, there must be some lovely schools out there too??
Take care, keep smiling!
love you
xoxo