Saturday, December 16, 2006

Silly Billy

I was invited to an audition today in Sheffield for a Theatre in Education gig touring with a play about Drug Abuse. It was an excellent workshop style audition; a fantastic script working with a director who has worked a lot with the BBC and written for The Bill etc.

All that was background information for the reason I am writing the blog. I was so exhausted from the huge audition (four hours no break), and the travel to Sheffield in the morning that on the way home I fell asleep on the train. Usually no problem; however I totally missed the Manchester Piccadilly stop, and woke up when we were passing stations I’ve never of, apparently on the way to Liverpool Lime street. After a slight panic, I hopped out at Warrington Central (wherever that is) and managed to just make a train going back towards Manchester. Thankfully, the ticket officer thought me falling asleep was funny, so had a laugh at my expense and didn't make me pay for the 40 minute trip back to Manchester. Instead of arriving home at 5:30, I walked through the door at about 8 pm.

What a day! And I didn’t even get the job!

No comments: