Friday, July 20, 2007

My Birthday


It was birthday on Friday 13th.
I was in rehearsals but was blessed with lovely surprises throughout the day. The company organised a cake and card for me, my team bought me a teddy called Cappuccino (can't possibly know why?!), and Matt met me after work to go for a few birthday drinks with my work friends. So all in all, the day at work wasn't bad at all!

Thank you so much to everyone back home for making my birthday so special, even when you are so far away. To Kyles for the Tim Tams (yes!!!), to Ros for 'Ritzy', the cutest toy dog I've ever seen; to Pat and Nomes, well, what can I say...I am now officially the coolest cat in town with my new sunglasses; to the Wysel gang for the beautiful singing (it was so special); to Nana who sent a lovely blue scarf (thanks Nana!!), and to Mum and Dad for your love and chats on skype.

And...to my beautiful Matthew for being my family, friend and husband when I was missing everyone in Aust so much.

The 'cake' (above) is actually a couple of ciabatta (yummy Italian bread). Matt knows me well, and he and Kathy (a friend here in Manchester) knew my aversion to cakes, and my weakness for yummy bread. Thanks guys!

xo

No comments: