Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Grafton Street in the City of Dublin

I had just been to a huge audition the day before at The Dance Theatre of Ireland – a FOUR HOUR class where 40 out of 200 were chosen to audition. After getting cut from the audition – (they were only after one female ☺) I was able to spend a day in Dublin before my flight the next day.

Taking the DART (train) from Dun Laoghaire to Dublin’s city centre I found Grafton Street, which was buzzing. Lots of people, excellent shops and quirky little buildings to look at; and of course lots of Guinness.

I came across a four piece jazz band with violin, double bass, trumpet and acoustic guitar (fantastic) and took a small video of them with my phone, when out of the blue a girl from Toni and Guy (the hairdresser) walked up to me and asked if I’d like a 'free haircut'. The model she was supposed to working on cancelled and so she went out to Grafton street and picked up me! It was so much fun. I got a shampoo, conditioner, cut and blow dry (probably equal to 100 pounds) for free!

No comments: