Sunday, June 18, 2006

Update to the Fantastic Weekend

Aware we owe you an update on the 'Fantastic Weekend', here goes:
As you may be aware, earlier in the year Jo was offered a 'discount voucher' for hair care / personal beauty; the voucher gave her (and a friend...me) half price hair cuts for a whole year (no, no beard trims, Rick), and a number of other freebies. One of these was a free whole-day photo shoot / general pamper for her and a friend (yes, that's me again).

After another Saturday morning sleep-in, we arrived at the studio (all quite a new experience for me) and drank the complimentary wine while waiting for our turn.
After a bit of a wait we were made up, Jo got her nails done (I didn’t like any of the colours), our hair was done (none of the hairdressers could do guys' hair so I did mine myself...since when is guys' hair more difficult than girls'??) and we were off to meet our photographer.

She had us lay out all the clothes we'd brought, before telling us what to wear and when. As you can see from the photos, we mixed&matched (Jo made it all look natural) and before we knew it, we were done and waiting to 'process' the photos with one of the editors. Jo now has a complete modelling portfolio that she can send off to agencies and jobs. Jo is trying to persuade me to do the same but at the moment I’m not sure my engineering degree qualifies me for that. I guess we’ll see.

Jo here now.
While it was a fantastic day of being totally pampered for free, it was a long day. We left the studio and arrived back at Bayswater to grab a bite to eat. After a few rejections from some pubs who had closed their kitchens, we managed to persuade an Indian restaurateur to serve us dinner starting about 11pm.

We filled the next day doing those touristy things Matt mentioned: visiting St Paul’s Church (not the tour as they don’t run on Sundays), Millennium Bridge and then the rest of the day at the Tate Modern which was fantastic. God has blessed me with a man who walks as slowly as me through an art gallery!
After such a fun/creative weekend, what better way to spend the evening than to go to Hyde Park and enjoy the twilight on a rug writing in our journals?? (Matt even secretly enjoyed it) It was 10 pm before it started to get dark.

It was such a fun weekend that we (retrospectively) claimed it our 2nd anniversary weekend.

(if you missed the reference before, see here for some of our photos from the weekend)

No comments: